Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Adventure Begins

Here I sit, enjoying breakfast at the hotel.  I begin my new job in 40 minutes and I have forgotten my coat in Chicago.  Oh well...that's okay.  It's a bit warmer here in Santa Fe.

House hunting...I think I found a permanent-temporary place to live.  I've been searching on Craigslist for rooms to rent temporarily.  I took a look at a totally unconventional space last night that I fell in love with, in the spirit of adventure.  It's in a warehouse...yes a warehouse!  How cool is that?  I will be sharing the space with 4 artists, all of whom are much younger than I.  I will have my own bright room where I can hang out while I'm here sans family.  The backyard looks out onto some beautiful mountains...well...after you look past the parking lot.

I figure that it's only temporary, so why not live the adventure whilst I can.  The others in the space seem nice enough, although they are NOT the Northbrook kind of personalities I'm used to.  I am looking forward to getting to know them through their stories.

My body knows that it is closer to its roots being more west.  It's happy.

Diane

4 comments:

acanlooman said...

How exciting!! <3

Alicia Riordan said...

yay for you Diane! I know what you mean about moving West! all the best :) Alicia

Sara Breeden said...

I know they will love you and you will make someone's day with your warm smile!

Sara Breeden said...

You look so pretty in the picture of you on here. :)