Monday, March 25, 2013

The Beginning of Goodbye

And so the week of saying "goodbye" begins.  I do not enjoy "goodbyes", not because they make me sad (I always have a contingency plan, where it's not 'goodbye'...just...'see you later'), but because they are socially awkward for me.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that I moved around so much as a child.  I was able to get used to not getting too comfortable in one place, or invest in too many close relationships.  We are all only here on a journey, after all.

This is not intended to minimize or invalidate the relationships I have with others.  This is temporal survival.  If I were to allow myself to open up to even the smallest amount of love that I feel for and from the people in my community, I would surely perish.

As it is, I believe with all of my soul that we will all be together again.  There are some that I will not see again this side of heaven.  I believe that we have all inter-connected for a reason...that because we have known each other we are better human beings.  In that inter-connectedness, we can never truly be apart.

So...know that when I say, "goodbye" this week, what that translates to, in Diane language is, "Thank you so much for being in my life and helping me to become the person I was created to be.  Even though we may no longer see each other on a regular basis, remember that we are all still sleeping underneath the same big sky...and wouldn't THAT be a great line in a song.

Diane :)

No comments: