Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fried Green Pickle?

Last Monday, Nov. 8, 2010, I woke up from a night's sleep, groggy, making coffee, having a cigar. After checking my email, my facebook and generally following my morning routine, I went upstairs, showered, put makeup on and tried to figure out what I was going to wear.

I pride myself and dressing "different", but hopefully in a cool way - not so much of a crazy bag lady way. I chose, that morning, green tights, a vintage dress of turquoise, green and black. I finished the ensemble off with a green blazer and a scarf. I think I chose boots. After I'm dressed, I walk downstairs to give the children their two minute warning.

That's when I see that I have a new text message on my phone. I would like to share that text message with you.
"I haven't spoken to my beautiful mother in a long time, and me and Chass are talking about what a wonderful inspiration you are. I love you! Thanks for being you:)"

This text is from my son.

Well, my heart is full and giddy and I'm smiling and just in awe of how someone's words can make such a difference in one's outlook on the day.

That's when Gracie comes upstairs, takes a look at me and says, "You look like Snookie."
I ask who Snookie is. "She's on (I don't remember the show). For Halloween she dressed up as a fried green pickle. That's what you look like...a friend green pickle."

Wha?....oh yeah?....well let me read this text that your brother sent me. I read her the text from Johnny. She just looks at me like "what does that have to do with anything?"

Oh yeah?......well....(I think real hard about how to respond and this is what I come up with).

"I guess we know who my favorite child is, don't we?"

The End.

5 comments:

Julie said...

That's why i stopped at one --- she is my only favorite! Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Cricket said...

Ha!! Kids..

Snookie is on The Jersey Shore...Your outfit sounded cute to me!

Blessings,

Jeannie said...

oh johnny! :D that was so sweet!!!

one of his (and my!) bucket list items is to see the John Butler Trio play a solo song called "Ocean". JBT came to knoxville and I got to see the solo, so I called him so he could listen! He said i helped him half check off the item. haha!! (It's a 13 minute solo of pure GENIUS!!!)

Miss you soooo much!

Angie said...

Hahaha, love that Johnny, and love that Gracie!!!!!!

hintoflovexox said...

gracey**
snooki**
jersey shore**