Thursday, August 26, 2010

Recession

Just a quickie today to let you all know that I am still here - just super busy at work. (I got a little cocky about how well I do my job and then sort of crumbled under the pressure during the actual game this week).

I was visiting with a new friend yesterday. We were sharing stories, getting to know each other a little better. She was telling me about the day she found out her mother had cancer. It was a moving story and my eyes actually filled a little - this doesn't happen very often; I'm pretty non-emotional that way.

I remember meeting this woman's mother over the summer, so I asked my new friend about it with a concerned look in my face and voice. "I met your mother over the summer, so I assume she is in recession." Without missing a beat, my new friend solemnly replied, "No, she's not in recession.....but she IS in remission."

I laughed so hard I cried.

I think I like my new friend very much.

D.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh my gosh, this is the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

Julie said...

Thankfully, I was able to avoid needing any new meds. Welcome back!

Nancy Mae said...

Yep, recession...remission. Same thing. My children always knew what I meant and your friend apparently knew what you meant. See how this works!! Love this.