Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why Santa Fe and isn't this rather sudden?

Some of you may have heard that the Dolan family is planning on moving to Santa Fe, New Mexico in about 5 weeks or so. Although this is true, it's not 100 percent going to happen for sure. We do not have a signed contract on the sale of our home yet, so obviously if we don't get one, we won't be going to Santa Fe in 5 week's time.

If we do, however, get a signed contract in the next few days, the plan is to move to New Mexico before the summer is over. We will be starting a new life in a new place with new people. It's not that our life here, in this place, with these people is bad - as a matter of fact, our life here is fabulous and full.

"Why move then?" you may be asking. Each family member has a different answer as to why they want to move to Santa Fe. For the record, Mickey is the only one with a strong opposition to moving. He is very afraid that his friendships here will not be able to sustain the distance.

I can answer the question of why only for myself and I will attempt to do that here. It may take a few posts and I may contradict myself a few times, but it's sort of how I work things out. So welcome to my brain.

God has blessed me greatly in my life. Amen! In thanksgiving for His myriad of blessings, I've tried to always serve Him as much as I can. I have been given special gifts - as we all have - and through His power, have been able to use them for His glory. The opportunities to serve Him here in Illinois have been numerous and wonderful. My 25 or so years here have taken me from a scared, low-self-esteemed, self destructive twenty-something to a mature (I guess that one is up for grabs) life-loving, God-loving, forty-something who prides herself on being different and not so afraid to try new things, knowing that God is with me at each step. My children are a delight to me.

I have run out of time. I'll post again, soon.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Um, Wow! Well, I love the intro to your reasons for moving - now I can't wait to hear your actual reasons for wanting to move! I'm on the edge of my seat here... :)

In any case, I pray God's richest blessings no matter WHAT happens! :)

Hurry up with the rest of the story now!