Saturday, May 22, 2010

When faced with the day, I sometimes get confused. I have no "time appointments" today, so I can juggle the day however I want. There are a few things that need to be done before tomorrow and I can list those, but when faced with a list, I get paralyzed as to what to do first. The thing is my list consists of things I have to do for the good of the family (clean house, laundry, clean out microwave) and there are things that I have to do for my own good (craft, craft some more, create stuff). In addition to those things I have some framing jobs that I have to do for the good of others as well as go over music for tomorrow's cantoring.

It's like a puzzle....what to do first, how to not get overwhelmed concentrating on one thing. Do I do a little of each and then repeat? Do I set my timer for 15 minutes and move between work and play (15 of work 15 of play)? Do I get all of the work done first and then spend the rest of the day playing? Do I play first and get it out of my system and then do the work in the afternoon? The problem with doing the work first is that it really never ends. There is always more cleaning, organizing, planning. It never ever ends so if I start there, I may get stuck doing that forever. I don't want that. If I craft and play first, I may delay the work and thereby causing John to have to do it all, which is not fair and will justifiably make him a little peeved.

As you can see, the options are unlimited. And it confuses me. And it paralyzes me. So I nap.

Diane

No comments: