Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm Getting Panicky and this is Dumb.

This is so embarrassing that I should probably not even share it, but I'm starting to panic a little. I just know that there are others like me out there, so I'll just share and hope for the best.

It is about 9:30pm my time on Monday April 5th. I'm panicking because I'm in bed and my first official Spring Break day is over and it's all going so fast! Sure, I slept in, shared coffee on the front porch with my husband, went to Evanston, had lunch with my boy before he went back to SLU, even took a nap. It was a good day....so why do I feel like I'm missing something important?

I DID go into work today to work with the CCD 2nd graders on their communion songs. Maybe it was being back in the school building that made me freak out a little. My school nurse friend, Mary, was there as well. She was teaching an inclusion class to CCD 5th graders. Maybe being in the building and seeing a co-worker caused me to freak out a little.

Let's just assume - worst case scenario - that I don't get as much done over break as I'd like to, or that I waste the whole week just relaxing and resting or that I work the whole week and wonder what happened to my break.....the worst thing that could happen is that we go back to school for another 2 months at the very most and then we're on summer vacation.

Okay, when I put it that way, I don't freak out so much. Thanks for being there for me. :)

Diane

2 comments:

jenjock1 said...

I completely know how you're feeling...it's my first day of break too.
4 more days...fill them however you want, and don't feel guilty. :) (I should tell myself this too)
XOXO!

Pamela Callahan said...

Try not to be so hard on yourself.