Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gracey's First Driving Behind the Wheel with Instructor

I seriously was in a dilemma, today. Gracey was freaking out about having to actually drive in the car today with her instructor. I don't think I've ever seen her this worried about something before - well one other time, but we won't talk about that. So much so that I considered canceling the driving until she was more ready. The thing is, I don't think she could be more ready. She drives fine - she is just nervous that the instructor will yell at her.

Of course the instructor didn't yell at her, but he DID have a pretty thick accent and when she heard him say, "Alright, alright", she thought that he was telling her that she was doing a fine job, when in fact he was telling her to "Turn right. Turn right." He only had to press the brake on his side of the car once.

She survived, but I thought after this, she'd see that it wasn't so scary after all, but I think she's even more scared than before. I guess that'll be another year in therapy.

Diane

No comments: