Friday, April 23, 2010

A Day Off

Have you ever been a "stay at home mom?"
Have you ever been a "stay at home mom who longs for the day that you can go back to work?"
Have you ever been a "stay at home mom who longs for the day that you can go back to work and then that day comes and you go back to work?"
Have you ever been a "stay at home mom who longs for the day that you can go back to work and then that day comes and you go back to work and then you just want a day off to stay at home?"

Yeah, that's what I did yesterday. It was GLORIOUS! I took the kids to school and went back home. It was so WEIRD! It was quiet and serene. I could hear the birds singing. I began to craft and I crafted all day with a quick trip to Michael's for some supplies. I even took a trip to my friend Jane's house, just like in the old days of our group "crafty ladies", to pick up some tags she made for me for the craft sale this weekend. I put on an audio book, and listened to a murder mystery as I crafted. It was such a productive day.

I swear my mind is wondering what it would be like to do this every day. Of course, now we aren't in any position to afford for me to do that, but a girl can dream.

Diane

1 comment:

Jan said...

From one dreamer to another...dreams can come true! I'm living mine and it IS glorious. I'm very blessed and very grateful. :)