Friday, April 2, 2010

Anticipation Satisfied

So I wait and I wait....I wait from October through June sometimes. And although I know that my waiting is not completely done, I rejoice in this GORGEOUS, glorious, warm day.

I was out earlier this morning and while I initially thought that all was silent, I came to know that the morning was alive with sound - the sound of birds of all sorts, loud ones, little ones, red ones, black ones. The more I listened, the louder they got.

Why oh why does anyone ever move away from this experience into coldness? I guess that is what Lent is all about. Blessed Good Friday.

Diane

2 comments:

kelleyj said...

I know this feeling all too well. This week has been on and off, weather-wise. But, today, my birthday, I wake up to full sunshine. God knows my heart and what I need. Today, He is smiling down at me. I think I'll go for a walk! :)

Nancy Mae said...

Ah, the "Be still and know that I am God" moment. The toughest part of my life is to "be still"