Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As I was laying in bed, last night, contemplating my life and my day and my world, I made a discovery which I knew all along.

As I have gone through my life, I've picked up things to help me along the way - (I would list some here, but I fear my children may one day read my blog) - things that were good and things that were not so good, things that I thought I needed and that were overwhelmingly attractive to me. As I traveled on my journey of life, I discarded many of those attractive things when they became a burden or I found a better, newer version of them. I left a trail of discarded items that could fill a Salvation Army warehouse.

What I discovered, last night, as I lay in bed contemplating my life, my day and my world....was that all of those things I have collected and discarded have left an impression on who I am today as I approach my 48th birthday. Without each and every one of them, I would be someone else. I'm pretty happy with who I am at this point in my life and I embrace ALL of those things that I gathered - good and bad, ugly or attractive - because of what they have helped me become.

I'm a crafter and the items that I most enjoy making are those that are the trash to treasure type. I scour thrift stores and find discarded items and use all or a portion of them to create something beautiful. This is the direction that I want my new indie business to take. Mom 'n' Pop Frame shop is changing....keep watching.

Take a look at this fun piece I found.

It's a bicycle basket! Isn't it the coolest thing ever. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'll keep you posted.

D.

3 comments:

Story said...

nice to read your thoughts Diane about the class. i'm journeyseeds in the class if you want to message me.

Jo said...

you need a bike and to come and live with me in holland my dear friend cos I miss you!!!!...Can you bring jody too then we will be complete!!!
xxxxx

kelleyj said...

The more I read, the more I realize you and I think very much alike...