Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Okay, I'm done. I want to change back.


As many of you may or may not know, I quit smoking back in October. As part of the "new" me, I dyed my hair brown. I'd been blonde for all of my adult life and I needed something in mid-December to keep me focused on caring about the new non-smoking me. So I went to the drug store and got me some Loreal Brown Stuff.


I LOOKED FABULOUS! Let me just tell you. I was so happy with the result, that all that went through my mind was, "Oh my gosh, why didn't you do this 10 years ago?"


Well, now it's been about 6 months and I'm done, I think. I want to be blonde again, but I think it's too late. Coloring my own hair is SO much less expensive than getting it done professionally. At this time in our lives, we cannot afford to go back to getting highlights every 6 to 8 weeks, and what happens when I go longer than 8 weeks is, I start to look just grayed out. At least with the brown, I can always go back to the drug store and for $10 bucks, just freshen my look up a bit.


I have inserted a photo of me with brown hair for those of you who haven't seen it yet....
See? It's not horrible, but when you look at my blog photo with the blonde hair, it's so much more me.....but it's a smoking me.....and a richer me.....
Then I start thinking about how stupid this all is. Does it really make a difference what color hair I have? Shouldn't I just be happy with being me on the inside? Isn't that what you all fell in love with? Or did you all fall in love with my own perception of me as a blonde? Was I more fun? Did I accept myself more? Was it easier to be more positive as a blonde? Are darker haired people just darker people for some reason?
Answers! I need answers.
I just returned home from orientation for Johnny at St. Louis University. I'm going to catch up on all of my mail now. If you've taken the time to read these rantings of mine, thank you. It means alot - not sure why, but it does.

No comments: