Sunday, July 19, 2009

Continuation of last post....

I couldn't figure out how to add to the last post which I saved as draft to finish later and so I just clicked on Publish Post and figured I'd just make a new post.

I was waxing eloquent about what I learned on this year's sisters' trip.....Among the myriad of shells we collected along the shore, I found a small tidbit of information that I hadn't realized before.....okay, I'll stop being all lyrical now.

It was when we were all searching for a common thread to connect us to our childhood in California that I came to the realization that no matter how old or unimportant or behind the times or yucky I percieve myself to be......my sisters still look to me as the leader. Sometimes they talk all big and brave and stuff, but when push comes to shove, they're just big chickens and need their big sister to take care of things for them. Not in all things, mind you, but in some things.

This realization brings me much happiness. Although I may verbally wish for the responsibilities of my leadership to be over, I learned that I secretly need to be needed because being needed pushes me onward. And we all know that if we are not moving onward, we are either going backward or noward.

Kelley, I love you so much. Margie, you are a treasure I want to always keep safe in my heart. Jeanette, you will always be my lovey. Nancy, my brother could not have been more blessed than to call you his wife. Thank you, sisters.

6 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Very sweet. I, too, am a big sis. Sometimes I would like very much to not have to be, but "membership has it's privileges" I suppose.

Enjoy being a big sister.

sandra said...

Totally know what you mean.I complain a lot about being the oldest (mostly to myself to not hurt my brothers feelings) but when I really think about it, it's a good thing...just tiring at times. Even if theyre boys and try to act all strong and manly, theyre still the little ones.

Happy Monday!

Jeans said...

:) I'm a little sister and deffinetly still count on my big sisters for things. You are so sweet Diane! And I miss you so much!

Also, I have quite enjoyed your last few comments on my blog, minus the one about my man. :)

Jeannie

Jeans said...

ps. i should probably learn how to spell definitely

Shell said...

that is too sweet!
i could definitely tell you are the oldest, i am too.
i love it as well.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

Where are you my lovely?! We miss you and JJ!