Saturday, January 12, 2008

The minute I tell someone I have a blog...

What is the point of having a blog if you aren't going to do anything with it.....like....say.....write in it? I know. I know. What starts out as a energizing "I'm gonna post every day" turns into a more sane "I'll just post once a week" which then turns into a "twice a month post" and then goes to a "Well, maybe I can do it once a month". Hopefully it won't turn into a "once-a-year" deal, because I would hate to think that my Dad who wants to keep up with the happenings in his daughter's life - who lives clear across the country from him - is checking each day for an update and being disappointed.

So this one's for you, Dad, and don't get all "You are doing too much" on me. This blog is a list of things that I am a) in charge of or b) very involved in and c) fun stuff that I want to spend more time doing. Okay, here goes:
- working at school from 7:30am to 3:00pm
- directing two children's choirs - 1 for school and 1 for church
- running the family framing business (we are getting very busy these days)
- doing the framing for the family framing business
- directing the 8th grade play from now until performance time in May
- keeping up with the laundry
- cantoring at church
- trying to keep the house in some kind of order
- sitting down with kids each day to help them with their homework
- encouraging husband who is turning out to be a great artist
- being a fashionista on scrapinstyletv.com
- worrying about 17 year old son who is on a long drive to Michigan today with his friend
- scrapbooking, scrapbooking, scrapbooking - which I love!
- grocery shopping when the kids collectively lose 20 pounds within two days. :)
- thinking about stepping up my involvement in running the enrichment program at school
- teaching a scrapbooking class to 8th graders.
- keeping up with this blog.
- running "Trivia Night" with my friend Mary which takes place Feb. 9

I read a series of words this morning in my email - "vineyards that bear fruit". I pray that each of these things that I am involved in or are in charge of or have fun doing bears fruit that is nutritious. Happy January 12th!

Diane

10 comments:

Traci Keriazakos said...

I know one thing for sure - all those thing you are involved in are lucky to have you!
Traci

Sharmaine said...

I pray that you 'bear fruit' with each of these things too! Amazing list and glad you blogged :)

Cricket said...

Wow Diane, you sure have a lot on your to-do list!!

I hear ya on the blog thing, sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle of everyday life, no biggie! Glad to see the update though!

smiles,

kim brimhall said...

good luck with everything!! where in illinois are you? near chicago...not to stalk you or anything!! found you via SIS

Debs said...

I wish I had just HALF of your energy! I'm sure i'd make Rome happen in a week!! :)

Jody said...

Yay! I 'found' your blog! You better update more often now. It's not just your dad that will be checking in around here. =)

Kolby and Lindsay said...

Diane,

I love you! You have such a beautiful outlook on life! You have been such a blessing in my life, and I know that many others are being touched by being part of your "to-do" list! Miss you bunches!

Love,
Lindsay

So glad you have a blog now!!!

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Jonathan & Julie Davis said...

I did not know you had a blog!! I have read every word and crave more!! More Diane!!!! I need you today, my friend. I need some encouragement from one who is spiritually built to encourage!! I love you and miss you incredibly right this very moment!!

Aching a little,
Julie

bernard n. shull said...

hi mate, this is the canadin pharmacy you asked me about: the link